In the midst of suffering or grief I turn to the only place I will find lasting hope and purpose. God wants to meet in that valley and He promises to. I go to Him and recite His words in my heart that I will be transformed.
- God is with me every step of the way (Psalm 23:4).
- Even when I can’t go on, God is my strength (Psalsm 73:26).
- God will bring the healing I need (I Peter 5:10).
- Suffering isn’t meaningless (2 Corinthians 4:17).
- In the pain, Christ is gain (Philippians 3:8).
- In the hardest moments, God is fighting for us (Isaiah 43:2).
- There is a purpose to pain even if we never know what is clearly (Romans 8:28).
- In the end “all sad things are untrue (Tolkien)” (Revelation 21:4).