Let me say upfront that I am not in the business of criticizing other parts of the body of Christ. However, I am not naming names…just the criteria
Clues to a spiritually dead church…
- Have lost their sense of mission to those who have not heard about Jesus Christ and do not pant after the Great Commission;
- Exists primarily to provide fellowship for the “members of the club”;
- Expect their pastors to focus primarily on ministering to the members’ personal spiritual needs;
- Design ministry to meet the needs of their members;
- Have no idea about the needs of the “stranger outside the gates”;
- Are focused more on the past than the future;
- Often experience major forms of conflict;
- And watch the bottom line of the financial statement more than the number of confessions of faith.
Does that describe your church?