“As long as I am still something, Jesus Himself cannot be everything. My life must be expelled, then the life of the Spirit of Jesus will flow in.” -Andrew Murray
The most important thing an everyday missionary does is look to God, not ourselves, no matter, to fulfill His mission for us.
One way we do this is through prayer. Prayer admits that our best planning and plotting are not enough for God’s mission. How would God have us engage?
As we pursue missions, we pray for five things:
- We pray for those to whom God sends us.
- We pray for Spirit-led discernment.
- We pray that God emoldens us.
- We pray that God softens hearts.
- We pray that God draws people to Himself.