Music must be important to God! In the Old Testament, God set aside 38,000 Levites for His service in the Temple. They had various duties (1 Chronicles 23-26).
- David commanded the Levites to appoint their kindred as musicians (15:16-24).
- Musicians preceded the ark of the covenant (15:25-28).
- David stationed singers/musicians around the ark in the tabernacle (16:4).
- The singers, musicians, and people praised the Lord (16:7-36).
- Music is part of regular worship (16:37-43).
- David appointed 4,000 temple musicians (23:5).
God did not create and appoint musicians to worship FOR the people, but to lead the people as THEY worshipped!