Why don’t true followers of Christ embrace the lifestyle of a Christ-centered disciple and disciple-maker?
- An inability to say “no.” Most Christians are too busy. We have allowed the world to set our life’s schedule. You can’t say “no” until you have a bigger “yes.” To have a bigger “yes,” you have to know God’s priorities from his Word, which also gives you the biblical principles to make wise decisions.
- Shortchanging your alone time with the Lord.
- Living beyond your means.
- Forfeiting the opportunity to give sacrificially.
- Neglecting to fast.
- Succumbing to sexual sin.
I struggle with some of these in different seasons so I understand the ease in which we slide out of being Christ-centered. But hopefully this list will remind us to re-orient ourselves and get “right” again with the help of the Holy Spirit.