#4- God is faithful: “Do not fear, for I am with you.” Isaiah 43:5
The point? I am heard. Even when I don’t feel it or see it–God hears me! He doesn’t answer how or when you want, but God does answer prayer.
I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2
The result? PEACE
#5- God is patient: “Don not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past.” Isaiah 43:18
Do you think what you’ve done shocks God?
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead… Philippians 3:13
The point? I am forgiven!
- It is God’s nature to forgive (Psalm 86:5).
- There is no limit to God’s forgiveness (Luke 17:4).
- Forgiveness was in our Lord’s heart as he died on the cross (Luke 23:34).
- God forgives us only because Christ died to pay for our sins (Ephesians 1:7).
- God is always ready to forgive us (1 John 1:9).