We’re in the middle of our “Arms of Love” message series at church. The reality is that we “can’t do life alone.” We need each other. So why not join a class or group?
5 Reasons You Need a Small Group (thanks to Rick Warren)
- It’s the classroom for learning how to get along in God’s family. Only in regular contact with ordinary, imperfect believers can we learn REAL fellowship and experience connection God intends for us to have.
- A small group helps me to develop spiritual muscle. You’ll never grow to maturity just by attending worship services and being a passive spectator. We need more than the Bible in order to grow; we need other believers. When others share what God is teaching them, I learn and grow too!
- A small group confirms my identity as a genuine believer. I can’t claim to be following Christ if I’m not committed to any specific group of disciples. Jesus said, “Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” You can’t be the Body of Christ on your own.
- A small group will help keep me from spiritually backsliding. “Mind your own business” is NOT a Christian idea when it comes to helping each other! We’re commanded to be involved in each other’s lives.
- The Body of Christ needs me! You have a background and experiences that other people can learn from and draw strength from!
So if you aren’t already in a Sunday school class, Wednesday night class, Sunday night small group, or regular meeting ministry team, then I encourage you to get involved in one soon.