Since college I have tried (mostly successfully but not perfectly) having a “Daily Quiet Time” with God. I try to sit quietly, pray, read a little Scripture and journal. It’s not always easy.
Why DQTs are painful:
- It teaches me discipline…daily!
- It forces me to prioritize God first.
- By praying daily I’m confronted with the concerns that are on-going, not easily answered. God rarely, if ever, gives instant results.
But they are a blessing.
Why DQTs are a blessing:
- I get to spend time spent with the Creator of the universe!
- It makes me feel loved in His presence.
- I learn more about God and myself.
- Sometimes I realize God answer prayers.
- I’m learning patience and perseverance.
- I receive strength for the coming day.