7 Reasons why I dislike going to church camp:
- I prefer my bed in my home, sleeping next to my wife.
- Some of the kids smell.
- The food can be not to my liking.
- I don’t get enough sleep.
- Sharing community restrooms and showers.
- I have to follow a camp schedule.
- I’m a Type A and kids don’t usually follow the script.
7 Reasons why I like going to church camp:
- It forces me out of my comfort zone and no where does Jesus say, “Please stay in your bed with your preferred foods with people who don’t smell.”
- Get to see lives changed! People come to know Christ and that changes their eternal destiny!
- Get to be a part of the “A-Ha” moments for children “getting it” for the first time.
- Building relationships that last a lifetime.
- Don’t have to cook for a week.
- Growing spiritually myself: “I don’t have to be in control when God’s better at it!”
- Bring home a new song for congregational worship.
So if you haven’t chaperoned or counseled at a church camp yet, what are you waiting for?