Why don’t true followers of Christ embrace the lifestyle of a Christ-centered disciple and disciple-maker?
- An inability to say “no.” Most Christians are too busy. We have allowed the world to set out life’s schedule. You can’t say “no” until you have a bigger “yes.” To have a bigger “yes,” you have to know God’s priorities from his Word, which also gives you the biblical principles to make wise decisions.
- Shortchanging your alone time with the Lord.
- Living beyond your means.
- Forfeiting the opportunity to give sacrificially.
- Neglecting to fast.
- Succumbing to sexual sin.
I struggle with several of these. Not that they are always present but from time to time I have to remember this list.