- God’s people have always praised Him. It has been every believer’s most natural response to God’s power and grace.
- Throughout God’s Word we find praise being lifted up to Him. The words “praise,” “worship,” “sing,” and “bow down” occur almost 500 times.
- For all eternity God will be praised. Jude 24-25.
- Throughout all creation God will be praised. Revelation 5:11-14.
- At this very moment in heaven, God is being praised. Revelation 4:8
The Golden Rule teaches us that love is not reciprocal; love is sacrificial. Love gives itself without waiting for others to give.
And we have to admit that we don’t have it in us to do this. But we can through the power of God within us.
There are 2 rewards:
- Enjoyment in this world and next.
- Our relationship with God will be real and OBVIOUS to others.
Why are some worship services powerful and effective and some “just going through the motions?”
In both cases, God is there.
Then the problem must be on our end: our attitude, expectations, and/or desire to see God work must be present.
Watch carefully when she hits the car…airbag deployed!
Many believe having lots of $$$ will solve all their problems and make them happy. Most men in the top 1% of incomes (more than $4 million) think their financial status is “poor” or “just getting along,” a recent study showed. The study noted that “when men focus on money as their measurement of achievement in life, they’re never satisfied.”
It always seems that the guy down the street works LESS than we do, yet has more than we have–so we continue on the quest for ENOUGH.
Jesus, however, wants us to rely on Him to provide for us.
- You must decided what kind of riches you want (Matthew 6:19-21).
- You must choose your priority: righteousness or revenue (Proverbs 16:8).
- You must decide if you will balance your life (Proverbs 30:8).